I must preface this and say I really don't know what I'm doing. I'm visiting others in the class and they are doing such a fine job of explaining what they did. I keep moving adjustments until I see something that I like. I am hoping that some of the professional jargon will start sinking in and I can be more purposeful in my edits. As it is I can't tell you what I did.
The program I used was Picasa 3 and Piknik. I also have Corel Paint Shop, Paint, and Photoscape. These are all I have to work with unless someone knows of a freebie program out there that would be good.
I like this edit - I know it doesn't look natural but I'm getting a kick out of the colors.
What I really wanted to do was have b&w with just the red coop. But I haven't figured that out yet.
UPDATE: second edit:
A third edit (Thanks Kathleen)

I like the sharpness of the edit :)
ReplyDeleteDo you have layer masks in picnik? I'd love to use one to tone down some of the green on the building itself. Love how it pops though.
ReplyDeleteI love how you brought out the red. Nice!
ReplyDeleteI have layer masks in Corel photo shop - I'll have to figure out how to use it. I'd like the greens toned down, too.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous reds and once you tone down the greens it will be even better!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful <3
ReplyDeleteGreat job! I've used Picasa, Photoscape and Paint before. I usually use Photoshop Elements.
ReplyDeleteI think it look fabulous! I love that first one just because I LOVE, LOVE the green (can you tell it's been a LONG time since I've seen green!!)!! And I love the second edit as well. If you want selective coloring, use Corel. Copy the color photo. Then make one b&w. Copy and paste the b&w one over the color one as a new layer. Then use the erase tool to erase over the barn.
ReplyDeleteI really like the scene you've captured and how you've been experimenting with the colours which I'm sure you've had such great fun with.
ReplyDeleteHave you ever tried gimp? It's free software aswell that is really good.
Rosie
http://leavesnbloomphotography.blogspot.com/2011/02/shoot-and-edit-red-week-4-edit.html
This is such an awesome shot - I really love it! Your edits are beautiful - I like the color of the old house the most in the second shot (1st edit)
ReplyDeleteWonderful job!
Love the B&W one! Really makes the red pop! Great job!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I don't usually know what I've done to edit my photos either. I also play until I like it and then try to remember what I did. Doesn't always happen. :)
Love these! Great job!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm so digging the first two -- I so miss seeing green!!
I think it's great that you are experimenting!! There really is no right or wrong...as the artist you get to decide what you like. My fav is the 3rd one...keep up the good work!! :)
ReplyDelete