Monday, February 28, 2011

Week 8 Good to Wow "self portrait"

Week 8 of the Good to Wow photo challenge. This week's theme is Self Portraits/couples.  I chose the self portrait because I don't know if my hubby would humor me. LOL!

I set out with some trepidation and feelings akin to extreme vanity.  What am I doing taking up time taking photos of me?  I rationalized it thinking that I have very few photos of me, few photos of me looking good and nearly no photos of me with my hair down - which my hubby would very much like.

These are my SOOC shots.  However, taking photos of me was a bit of work: jumping up and down trying to get it just right.  And then the house is warm (set at 75 degrees by a LA born husband who has vowed never to be cold) I'm having hot flashes and did I say my hair was down?

So I worked up a bit of a sweat.  Finally I whirled up my hair and finally I handed the camera over to Blondie who took the last few photos of me.

 I had some trouble getting focused.



I'm also not sure what I'm doing that causes that haze over some of my photos.

10 comments:

  1. You did a great job and look forward to seeing these edits!

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the one of you on the stairs with you daughter. Sweet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I really like the one of you and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny - we're reading each other's blogs at the same time! :) You did great with your self-portraits!! Can't wait to see them edited!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I like the one of you and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are wonderful! I can't wait to see your edits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your second shot has a nice focus. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the second shot and the one of you and your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos. Looking forward to seeing your edits.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the second shot, and the one of you and your girl! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just hurry through! I'd like to hear your comments.