Friday, February 11, 2011

Week 5 Shoot and Edit Hearts - the edit

This is Week 5 of the Good to Wow photo challenge.  This week was a challenge for me.  I took a photo specifically for this (rather than go into my computer photo files) and edit it  I didn't have a lot of fun with it-but I did learn a few things and that is the point of doing this: learning.  I surely see the benefit of learning to use the camera more effectively.  Will try more of a stretch next week with developing camera skills.

This is SOOC

This is the edit.  I tried so many things I don't know what I ended up with. LOL!  It looks pretty fakey and I lost the depth.
Second edit - this was added after Ashley's comment.  I think I'll go back to photographing my kids :)

2 comments:

  1. This could have been cool with an unexpected crop and then just working with your levels and brightness/contrast. I think sometimes we have to embrace a bad edit in order to learn and get better. You're going to get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that second edit! You really brightened it and brought out the contrast! Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't just hurry through! I'd like to hear your comments.